“Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of all ages…Step right up and “Crawl the Colon”!
“Crawl the Colon” Tour begins in March in our nation’s Capital at the Chris4Life“Scope It Out” 5k Run/Walk! Then travel through the Mid-west to the West Coast,finishing in October. The tour will consist of at least 12 event stops in largemetropolitan areas and additional local add-on events in smaller communitiesas we travel from stop to stop.
The tour features:
- CoCo the Colossal Colon: a 40-foot replica of the human colon that educates about the various conditions of the colon (colossalcolon.com).
- The Colondar: An annual calendar that features 12 men & women living with colorectal cancer, baring their scars and sharing their stories to raise awareness (colondar.com).
- Colondar Models: At least one of the featured survivors in the Colondar will be available at each event stop to educate and share their story.
- Two interactive kiosks that educate about Irritable Bowel Disease — IBD (Ulcerative Colitis & Crohn’s, two precursors to colorectal cancer) and Ostomy.
- FAP/Desmoid Tumors and Lynch Syndrome: providing education about Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) and Desmoid Tumors, two genetic diseases that, along with Lynch Syndrome, The Colon Club feels are critical to educate young adults about in order to prevent colon cancer and provide early diagnosis.
- Additional Education Stations: Colonoscopy, Colonoscopy Prep, Healthy Diet & Exercise, Fiber, etc.
Colorectal cancer is on the rise in younger people and is often found in its late stages as common symptoms of disease are mistaken for other medical issues. American Cancer Society shows that cancer in those under 50 has increased by two percent each year since 1992.
To educate as many people as possible, as early as possible, about the risk factors and symptoms of colorectal cancer, and for people to get screened when it’s appropriate for them.
The Colossal Colon® is a 40-foot long, 4-foot tall oversized model of the human colonthat is designed to educate about colorectal cancer and other diseases of the colon. Adults and children alike can crawl through or look through windows to check out the various features inside Coco. Visitors who crawl through the Colossal Colon will see examples of Crohn’s disease, diverticulosis, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, cancerous and non-cancerous polyps, and various stages of colon cancer.
The “Crawl the Colon” Tour is coming your way!
It’s easy to secure a date for the “Crawl the Colon” exhibit, just fill out the Colossal Colon request form below and once received, we will contact you to secure your event date(s) and answer any questions you may have.
|Exhibit Month||City, State|
|February 26||Dixon, IL|
|March 24||Washington, DC – Scope It Out – Chris4Life.org|
|March 26-30||Calhoun, GA|
|April 10||Greeneville, TN|
|April 20||Rochester, NY|
|April 19-21||Smyrna, GA**|
|April 30||Wilton, NY|
|May 2||VANJ Health Care System, 151 Knollcroft Rd., Lyons, NJ from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.|
|**Denotes a 2013 Colondar Models Community.|
Download Sponsor Packet (pdf)
|Crawl the Colon Request Form